September 15, 2007

MORE yarns

OK so here is the ribbon yarn from Dollar Tree. Its a dangerous thing to find funky fibers for $1 each. I picked this up in this black and gray, in a "rust" spectrum and rainbow. This is an attempt at a crocheted snood to go with my SCA garb. if this works I will pick up some pale yellow yarn somewhere and make one to match my new dress too.

It is all double crocheted stitches with increases to make it a flat circle It will be about 24" across when its done but will have an elastic band around the outside edge when its done. not sure if it will be floppy enough or not but its worth the attempt at least. if it does not work as a snood I will leave it as a flat circle for the center of my dining room table.





















Here is a fun ball of wool I found. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it but whatever it is it will end up felted. probably another tube stitch dice bag.


This yarn I HAD to buy. It is called "Patchwork". It has 3 very different types of yarn. one is an eyelash type the next is a twisted wool and the 3rd is a fluffy wool. again No clue what I'm going to do with it but it looked cool.






I still have the Insane Chip Scarf to finish as well as a half granny square crocheted shawl. I also have the soy silk and wool rainbow dice pouch still on my needles.

I'm in finals week for this semester so I will have to greatly resist the urge to pick up a project instead of doing my schoolwork.

I still want to find the "Gathering of Lace" book so I can see if I should even consider attempting the Feather and fan lace circle shawl. I figure that a great project for if I am ever hospitalized again. its the only way I will have the time or the focus to finish it.

No comments: