August 28, 2007

Odds and Ends

When one has a fetish for odd things, one finds oneself with odd collections.

Recently it has been yarns. if its anything but worsted weight acrylic I have been fondling , trying and buying it lately.

Here is a lovely sparky multicolored eyelash/bobbly type yarn I found at DOLLAR TREE! yes $1 each. I have 3 different colors. Saw them at ALLmart for $2.50


















This was my second serious yarn purchase. for me anything over $3 a ball/skein/hank is a serious issue. This I found at Yellow Dog Knits, think it was $9ish. its soysilk and wool, nice thick slubby yarn that does an awesome thing with the color as you knit, it does blocks and looks fantastic knitted and then felted into little pouches (see first post for its rainbow dyed cousin). I cant wait to try this one. It is pink burgundy and brown


This was my virgin hank of wool. Its a 100% baby merino hand dyed lace weight. it was purple. also found at Yellow Dog Knits. Its so wonderfully deliciously soft that I have no idea what to do with it to do it justice. currently being added as the edge color to an insane potato chip scarf (see last post for description)




Found this yarn at Goodwill for $1.25 each. you cant see it in the picture but they are flat strands with occasional looped sections, it has a line of zigzag stitches in a pastel variegated thread holding it together. it is the cousin to the lavender bobbly yarn in my scarf (post #2). I used the entire ball making this diagonal scarf. only 15 stitches across. I consider it more of a jewelery scarf than one for warmth but it was fun to make.





I have other new aquisitions that I will share, but not today :D

No comments: