August 27, 2007

Some unintended results.


This was my first attempt at a "potato chip scarf"

Cast on 50,
R1 knit,
R2 Knit, Yo, Knit across, (100 sts)
R3 Knit,
R4 Knit, Yo, Knit across, (200 sts)
R5 Knit
R6 Knit, Yo, Knit across, (400 sts)
R7 Knit
R8 Knit, Yo, Knit across, (800 sts)
R9 knit
R10 cast off

Red heart variegated worsted weight yarn on size 10.5 needles (yes I like my 10.5 needles). came out too short and I didn't like the way the colors worked out in it so I frogged the whole thing. Used the yarn elsewhere. looks better mixed with a solid (see my first project scarf)

Tried this pattern with 100 sts to start and 6 doublings with lace weight yarn on my 10.5 needles, last 3 rows are taking forever. (100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200 sts).



OK so finding a new pattern and deciding you want to modify it to your own liking without any care about swatches and gauges and needle sizes leads to some interesting wastes of time.


I made this scarf and though it is laying there as a nice flat feather and fan pattern when you unpress it from between the scanner plate and lid it promptly curls up into a slightly wavy tube.



turned out nice, but not what I was going for.



BUT it was good practice for the pattern.







No comments: