August 17, 2007

past obsessions



Well I know I have been a craft a holic for years. My basement full of boxes gleaned from Michaels, walmart and any fabric, bead, yarn or hobby stores in my path will attest to that fact.

currently I am working on a huge list of things some I might never finish

10 year table cloth, stamped cross stitch, been working on it for 13 years, 1/3rd finished

Train afghan, crochet, need to do 2 more rectangles at least, forgot what my counts were might just donate what I have done.

grannysquare baby blanket, crochet, ummmmmmm

Lace weight potato chip scarf, knitted, it was easy when I started with 150 stitches, but doubled every other row, its taking FOREVER to get the last row and cast off row done.(5th doubling).

Soysilk and wool dice bag. knitted. will be felted. my first finished attempt at this project got me a gem bag that was 4 inches wide and 3 inches deep, was supposed to be 4 inches wide and 6 inched deep.

I also have started collecting (almost obsessively) different odd types of yarns. so far I have 100% bamboo, soysilk and wool, a few types of wools (something I have never used before). and I still have 2 huge (maybe 3) of cheap red heart and such.

I will do my best to post here when Im working on stuff and when I finish it. for now here is the bamboo yarn dice bag (second strand is lace weight white acrylic yarn), and the mini gem bag felted.

This is the same yarn on my first experiment with it.

I will post some of my past projects later.

No comments: