December 23, 2008

Holidazed



Over the river and through the woods to Grandmothers house we go......

More like through the snowbanks, dealing with crazy people who can't drive in snow, the threat of sub zero temperatures and explaining to my parents that I still don't have a job. On top of 30 hours of driving, 2100 miles and covering 7 states in 9 days.

I have never been in such an UNholiday spirit ever.

Current projects..... all on hold until I land in Oklahoma in 4 days...after day 2 of driving.

I can update pics and post from there.

I have made 2 kippahs for a friends Bat Mitzvah. Really easy pattern using magic loop method. Will write up directions in a few days, with pictures.

Frogged the cable knit hat for bear because DP's and I JUST DO NOT AGREE!!!! (anyone wanna trade a set of size 10.5 nickle plated dpn's? for a set of wood modulars from knitpicks I need size 4, 10 or 14. could use a 40" cable too.)

Now I am doing a "noro style" single rib scarf that IS working. I am using some pattons soy wool stripes yarn in natural blue and natural pink (I frogged the drop stitch scarf to recover the yarn for that but I think I will need more anyway). It was a good chance for me to work on knitting the ribbing continental style instead of throwing it. It is working well, my arms aren't nearly as tired.

I was trying to get my profile all set up on Ravelry, but keep finding myself spending hours searching through patterns instead. I will have to update that soon as well.

Well it is time to pack suitcases, shovel the sidewalk, change the cat box, clean the living room and load the car.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

No comments: